The sun is shining…finally! But wow it is hot! It’s been the hottest day this year today and although we’ve had great fun in the garden, I’ve been so worried about the boys getting burnt or dehydrated.
Here are some great tips I’ve followed to keep the boys safe in this hot weather:
1. Stay out of the sun between 11am-2pm when the sun is at its hottest. If like me you have children who want to stay outside, grab yourself a uv suntent and set that up in shadier part of the garden and have a picnic lunch.
2. Apply sun cream every 2 hours or more if it’s getting washed off in the pool or sea. I always apply factor 50 to the boys. I use banana boat sun cream as my children have excema and this doesn’t affect their skin.
3. Have drinks available at all times to prevent dehydration. To make this fun we made Lego shaped ice cubes to put in the drinks.
4. Make sure children have on a sun hat that covers their necks and face. This is difficult one in our household as bear whips it off all the time! Definitely need to invest in a neck strap hat! (Or superglue!)
5. Have fun! Get the paddling pool out and swim suits on and enjoy being outside! Invite family over for bbqs and do that thing that every mothers loves – manage to dry a lot of washing on the line in one day!!