The summer holidays have begun! This week we took a road trip to Legoland, hoping that some of the schools had yet to break up and it would be a bit quieter. Luckily I was right!
We had a brilliant 2 days here and both children were worn out at the end of the day. I loved that it was geared at young ages and that Bear at only 13.5 months old could go on some rides. Earlier in the year we took a trip to Disneyland Paris and he was more or less stuck in his pram as nothing was age appropriate.
The lego figures were amazing and must have taken ages to build! They definitely have some skilled ‘workers’ there.
Dude’s favourite ‘ride’ of the whole trip was the amazing water play areas. It was 22-24 degrees whilst we were there and so these were a much needed way to cool off! He also loved the driving school and squid surfer!
Daddy wanted to go on some of the ‘older’ rides but unfortunately when we got to these areas, the queues were at 75 minutes so we skipped them and hopefully next time we visit Dude will be big enough to ride them aswell.
We didnt really watch any of the shows. We started to watch the Friends to the rescue show in Heartlake City but to be honest we all got bored and moved on.
The rides I would definitely recommend are:
- Atlantis (A submarine aquarium ride with no age restrictions)
- Duplo valley Water Play Area and Drench Towers
- Driving School
- Fire Academy
- Heartlake City Express (Great view of the park)
At the end of our day we of course hit the The Big Lego Shop! So here is our little haul. One item I said to Dude on the way in….. oops!
What did we get?
- Legoland Magnet (To add our to collection of places we have been!) – £1.99
- Batman Keyring (Daddy chose this) – £3.99
- 3 x pack of Mixels (Season 5 + 4) – £2.99 each
- Duplo Boat Set (For Bear!) – £12.99
- Lego Classic Board – £6.99
- Lego Classic Box – £19.99
- Marvel Super Heroes Hulk Bash/Ironman – £17.99
- Marvel Super Heroes Mini Ironman Set – £9.99
All in all, I would definitely visit Legoland again, its great for all ages and loads to do come rain or shine!