Life is chaotic! It’s organized chaos though!
I recently returned to work after 11 months on maternity leave. It was a huge shock to the system! I suddenly had to get to work on time, get dude to pre school and bear to my mum aswell as making sure we were all clean, washed and dressed with all relevant bags in tow!
I’ve been back 6 weeks now and have come up with some great tips to cope with the chaos!
1. Prepare the night before. – have lunches prepared, clothes ironed and ready to go and bags packed at the door.
2. If you have more than one child to sort out in the morning, consider sharing between your husband/partner and yourself. One child to get out the door on time is much less daunting than 2!
3. Meal plan! If like me you aren’t walking back in the door until 5/5.30 you don’t want to be trying to organise dinner. Know what you are going to make or have it pre prepared on your day off/night before.
4. Need to sort out an appointment/phone call etc? Make use of your lunch break at work! It’s so much easier to do it without a child hanging off your leg!
5. Finally enjoy your days off! They are even more precious now. But don’t feel guilty if you need to take 10 minutes to yourself, you’re w busy mum and need to look after yourself aswell!